How to take a screenshot
Many times we get tickets that include a smartphone camera picture of a computer monitor. These pictures are blurry, titled and unreadable. They are also sometimes included in a Word document or other unnecessary packaging.
Instead of using a camera to take a picture of a screen like someone trying to pirate a movie – follow the guides below for each operating system to take crystal clear images to send screenshots to our support team.
You can use the Printscreen key to take a full screenshot of your desktop then paste it with Ctrl+V into a utility like MSPaint, then save it to an image file and attach it to any email or ticket.
The snipping tool is also useful for taking screenshots.
- Hit the Windows Key to bring up the start menu search (Windows 10)
- Type snipping to search for the snipping tool, you will see it in the list.
- A small window will open for the tool. Click New.
- The screen will grey out, click and drag a box around the content you want to save.
- Use the Save button in the snipping tool to save the screenshot to a file.
You are using Linux for your desktop/laptop primary OS, figure it out.