The Urls list shows all the domains enabled in a Stratus environment. At the server level, this list shows:
- Domains enabled in the CloudFront distribution
- Domains listened for in the Nginx configuration
- Domains for Let's Encrypt and SSL configuration
Any domain not shown in this list will not properly work for a store instance.
Adding a domain
By default, the domain issued at checkout is included in the Urls list alongside temporary mojostratus.io subdomains. The temporary subdomains are for testing only and MageMojo Support uses them for site migrations.
To add a domain:
- Go to Urls in the Stratus sidebar menu.
- In the main screen area, enter the new domain into the textbox at the bottom of the domain list.
- Click Add New to add the domain to the list.
- If you wish to add another domain, enter it in the new blank space, then click Add New.
- Click Update to confirm your change (domains will not be added until Update is clicked).
For any domains, make sure to enter all variants that you need. If you enter only the root i.e. mystore.com also add www.mystore.com and so on. Please note that stratus can only support one document root
Removing a domain
- Open the URLs section of the Stratus Management panel.
- In the URLs list, click the trashcan icon next to each domain or URL to remove.
- Click Update at the bottom to confirm.
When the store goes live, the temporary mojostratus.io domains may be removed. MageMojo Support will remove temporary domains as part of the migration process during the final switchover.
The left color bar of each domain listed indicates whether the domain has been validated (green) or not (red). For a domain to be validated:
- The Domain Name Server (DNS) for the domain is pointed to Stratus, either via Route 53 nameservers or the proper CloudFront Distribution CNAME,
- A Google Analytics code was detected on the domain, and
- Our billing system was able to access Google Analytics data for the specific domain.
If any of the above 3 settings are not true, the domain will be marked red. A red marker is normal when a domain is not live. Temporary mojostratus.io domains will always be green.
Use the validation markers along with our billing guide to ensure everything is set correctly and avoid suspension of your account.
Each URL in the list can be clicked to expand it and provide more information about validation. Items in red indicate an attribute that may need attention (some items, such as Let's Encrypt will indicate "red" where a custom SSL is installed).
This information is used by MageMojo Support but it can help you understand why a domain is not live or working. Note that not every setting may apply for all domains (e.g. MageMojo temporary domains).
- Status - overall check based on whether the main three points (DNS, Google Analytics, and Analytics access) are valid.
- Custom SSL Certificate Installed - if you uploaded your own SSL certificate this will be True.
- Domain Registered - not used.
- Subdomain of - if the URL is a subdomain, such as "www."
- GA Access Granted - if MageMojo can successfully access your analytics data.
- Domain in CloudFront - domain has been pushed to list of domains for your CloudFront distribution.
- Domain in Route 53 - domain is confirmed to be using Route 53 nameservers as provided by MageMojo (see the DNS section of your management panel).
- Let's Encrypt Certificate Installed - a Let's Encrypt Certificate has been generated and installed.
- File Verification Valid - file verfication is confirmed for generating a Let's Encrypt certificate
- GA Code on URL - A Google Analytics code was detected on the domain.
Not all fields will be True depending on the domain.A domain that is completely green might also show up with several red status fields.