The Stratus Control panel makes creating and managing Cron tasks quite simple.
WARNING: do NOT add Cron tasks using the Crontab -e command via SSH. Your entries will be overwritten.
All Magento stores require a basic set of cron jobs to be set. Each cron job is a task executed according to a schedule. Additional cron tasks may be added as needed.
Create a Cron Task
To create a new Cron task:
- Go to Cron > Schedule in the Stratus sidebar menu.
- Click + Add New Cron.
- Label — Enter a name for the cron task for your use.
- Enabled — Select "Yes" to set the taks to active or "No" for inactive.
- Command — Enter the shell command to run at regular intervals. Be sure to use full paths to binaries and other files.
E.g., to run "mytask.php," the command might look like
- Common Cron Settings — Select one of the common interval settings or "Custom" to allow manual entry of interval values.
For help in creating manual interval settings, see Crontab Guru.
- Click CREATE to save the cron task.
Edit a Cron Task
To edit an existing cron task, click on the name of the task in the left column. After updating the task information, click UPDATE to save changes.
Delete a Cron Task
To delete an existing cron task, click on the name of the task in the left column. Click DELETE to remove the cron task.
To keep the task, but stop it from activating, change Enabled to "No."