The Stratus control panel provides several tools for controlling external access to a Magento store. Restricing access may be for development purposes or to keep out unwanted visitors.
Since your Stratus pricing is based on user sessions, it is prudent to restrict users to only those that should be visiting a Magento store instance. For example, if a store is not shipping or selling to customers in Russia, then visitors from Russia can be blocked.
Stratus provides the following methods for controlling access:
- Protect Website — Set a sitewide username and password in order to access any part of the store.
- Protect URL — Restrict access to specific URL paths in a Magento store by setting a username and password.
- Restrict By IP Address — Restrict access to an instance by allowing or denying specific IP addresses.
- Block Countries — Block users who are trying to access a Magento store based on their country location of access.
- Block Bots — Block unnecessary "bots" from indexing a Magento store instance.