Configure Stratus GA Access for Billing
Billing in Stratus is designed to be simple and predictable. Although Mojo Stratus is built on top of many Amazon services, which each have their own individual pricing schemes, our pricing is reduced to only three values.
- A regular monthly payment of a base price.
- A small charge per session as measured by Google Analytics for sessions over the plan limit.
- A charge every GB of storage used over included storage per month.
Through this simple system, server costs are reduced to only what is used each month. As a business grows, it can scale predictably and seamlessly.
Configuring a Site for Google Analytics Billing
First, create a Google Analytics account, if not already created.
Once the account is created, configure the Magento install and Google Analytics for optimized tracking.
Magento 1 Stores
See Best ways to set up GA in Magento 1 from Shero Commerce for configuration of a Magento store and Google Analytics.
Magento 2 Stores
See MageStore Enabling GA in Magento 2 for configuring Magento 2.
Grant MageMojo access
Access must be allowed for Magento so that the stratus billing system can obtain session data from the Google Analytics account.
- Log into the customer account on MageMojo.com.
- Click on My Stratus.
- Click the desired Stratus instance to expand the instance details.
At the bottom of the GA Code panel, copy the email address, similar to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on the correct view for the Stratus store.
- Click Admin Gear Icon in the lower left.
Click View User Management.
Click the blue + icon and select Add Users.
- Email Address — Enter the GA Account email address noted above.
- Permissions — Select "Read & Analyze".
Once this access has been granted, verify the account on the My Stratus page: https://magemojo.com/magento/noc/stratus/index/
After validation and go live, you will start to be charged based on session usage.
Please note that MageMojo does not reimburse for excess sessions caused by bots or malicious traffic. We do block traffic based on a number of rules to prevent excess traffic as detailed at Stratus Traffic Limits