Configure STRATUS GA Access for Billing
Billing in STRATUS is designed to be simple and predictable. Although Mojo STRATUS is built on top of many Amazon services, which each have their own individual pricing schemes, our pricing is reduced to only three values.
- A regular monthly payment of a base price.
- A small charge per session for sessions over the plan limit. Default session counting from your site logs will be used if Google Analytics codes are not present or validated on your domains. These session counts currently exclude well-known bots. A session is counted as one IP address per 20 minutes.
- A charge of the average GB of storage used over the allowed storage per month. See the Billing Breakdown for details.
Through this simple system, server costs are reduced to only what is used each month. As a business grows, it can scale predictably and seamlessly.
Configuring a Site for Google Analytics Billing
First, create a Google Analytics account, if not already created.
Once the account is created, configure the Magento install and Google Analytics for optimized tracking.
Magento 1 Stores
See Best ways to set up GA in Magento 1 from Shero Commerce for configuration of a Magento store and Google Analytics.
Magento 2 Stores
For Magento2, see Enabling GA in Magento 2
For the newer Ga4 Anayltics codes, you may have to add the provided code snippet under Content-> Design - Configuration -> YOUR THEME -> HTML HEAD -> Scripts & Style sheets
Note: In a multistore environment, you will need to make sure that all domains on the store use the same type of GA code. ALL domains must use Universal GA codes (ex. UA-111111) OR ALL domains must use GA4 codes (ex. G-111111). A mixture of GA types will result in your domains being unable to validate.
Block Known Bots
Since MageMojo charges customers based on user sessions, it's important that you filter known bots and spiders from Google Analytics so that your session usage is as accurate as possible.
To set Google to filter known bots:
- Log into your Google Analytics account.
- Go to Admin.
- In the View column, click View Settings.
- Select Bot Filtering > Exclude all hits from known bots and spiders.
- Click Save.
Note that your session charges may not be adjusted or refunded if you do not set Google to filter known bots.
Grant MageMojo access
Access must be allowed for Magento so that the stratus billing system can obtain session data from the Google Analytics account.
- Log into the customer account on MageMojo.com.
- Click on My STRATUS.
- Click the desired STRATUS instance to expand the instance details.
At the bottom of the GA Code panel, copy the email address, similar to email@example.com.
- Click on the correct view for the STRATUS store.
- Click Admin Gear Icon in the lower left.
Click View User Management.
Click the blue + icon and select Add Users.
- Email Address — Enter the GA Account email address noted above.
- Permissions — Select "Read & Analyze".
Once this access has been granted, verify the account on the My STRATUS page: https://magemojo.com/magento/noc/stratus/index/
After validation and go live, you will start to be charged based on session usage.
Please note Default session counting from your site logs will be used if Google Analytics codes are not present or validated on your domains. These session counts currently exclude well-known bots. A session is counted as one IP address per 20 minutes.