Seeking Tier 1/2 Web Hosting Support Dudes or Dudettes [REMOTE]
MageMojo Magento hosting, a group of 40+ talented DevOps peeps who all work remotely. We believe passionate, talented people all working together smoothly yields awesome work that lets us build a solid infra and processes to prevent fires instead of spending time always putting out fires.
We get along and we constantly improve only because we don't bullsh!t each other or our clients, we don't hide or say what we think others want to hear. We do this with respect and we value truth, transparency, and honesty above all else. Of course, there are times when we are in headphones-on, hyper-concentration mode. But we also draw a lot of support from each other and try to focus on the "human side" of support. We are curious students of the internet age who are interested in continuing to enhance our own work, sharing what we've learned, and learning from those around us.
- A solid human being with a good sense of humor in search of a job with a crew that is big enough to host important, meaningful sites and small enough to have fun doing it.
- Attention to detail and seamless customer experience are important to you.
- You feel at home in the shell and have some scripting knowledge.
- You know there's nothing you can't do and no problem you can't solve with the help of the Interwebz, and Google of course.
- You have strong opinions about the way things should be done but aren't necessarily a zealot for any one process, technology, or denomination.
- You're inclined to express yourself through animated gifs and obscure movie quotes from the youtube.
- You work well at the 11th hour, but even better at the first and second so we can be out at end of shift.
- You have an ear to the ground for new tech, whether it comes from hacker news or a programming subreddit, and a desire to dive in and try things out.
How To Apply:
Submit your resume and a few words about yourself, your achievements, what you love most in life, and what you want out of your career. We're not interested in standard issue cover letter babble and HR bubble wrap.
Talk to us like a human being who values directness and using your own words. If you need to use a four-letter word to effectively express a previous engagement or an appropriately inappropriate metaphor to describe your ideal work environment, we'll take that over what you would think we typically "need to hear" in a job application. This is a full-time position with benefits and we're open to starting you with a freelance gig if wading into the water is preferred on both sides. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Send your email to email@example.com
with your best geek pickup line in the subject.