The document or web root of your site is the root directory where your site files or application resides. For both Magento 1 and 2, this is where the index.php file is located.
On a Magento 1 site, you would see files and directories like these in your web root:
Using Magento 2, you would see files and directories like these in the web root:
- generation (on Magento 2.2)
Via the Stratus panel, you can change your web or document root at any time from our default of /srv/public_html
- Open your Stratus management panel
- Expand the Nginx section from the left-hand navigation menu. Click **Document Root
- To the far right of the text area that shows your current document root, click the folder icon to bring up the directory selection pop-up
- A list of available directories will appear. Navigate up or down a directory as needed. The paths under the Current path are clickable for faster navigation. Go to the directory you want to set as your web root. It may take a few seconds for different directories to load.
- Once you have chosen your directory, click the yellow Select button to confirm your change.
- Nginx will reload using your new web root and attempt to load the web application in that directory.