The URLs list shows all the domains enabled in your Stratus environment. At the server level, this list controls several elements:
- Domains enabled in your CloudFront distribution
- Domains to listen on in the Nginx configuration
- Domains for Lets Encrypt and SSL configuration
If your domain is not in this list, it cannot work!
Adding a domain
By default, only the domain issued at checkout is included in the URLs list, alongside temporary mojostratus.io subdomains. These subdomains are for testing only and our Support uses them for site migrations. A wildcard SSL certifcate is provided to cover any mojostratus.io subdomain.
Add a domain:
- Open the URLs section of the Stratus Management panel from the left-hand navigation menu.
- In the main screen area, go to the bottom of the list to the textbox and add a valid TLD as shown.
- Repeat steps 1-2 for any additional domains
- Click Add New to add the domain(s) to the list
- Click Update to confirm your change.
For any domains, make sure to enter all variants that you need. If you enter only the root i.e. mystore.com also add www.mystore.com and so on.
Removing a domain
- Open the URLs section of the Stratus Management panel
- In the URLs list, click the trashcan icon next to each domain or URL you want to remove.
- Click Update near the bottom right to confirm.
When going live, it is a good idea to remove the temporary mojostratus.io domains. Our staff will remove them as part of our migration process during the final switchover.
You may have already noticed in the URLs list that each domain is marked with a red or green color. the color indicates whether the domain meets three key validation requirements.
- DNS for the domain is pointed to Stratus, either via Route 53 nameservers or the proper CloudFront Distribution CNAME
- A Google Analytics code was detected on the domain
- Our billing system was able to access Google Analytics data for the specific domain
If any of the above 3 settings are not true, the domain will be marked red. A red marker is normal when a domain is not live. Temporary mojostratus.io domains will always be green.
Use the validation markers along with our billing guide to ensure everything is set correctly and avoid suspension of your account.
Extra domain information
Each URL in the list can be clicked to expand it and provide more information about validation. For example, if a domain is not validated at all it will show a lot of red!
This extra information is used by MageMojo Support though it can help you understand why a domain is not live or working. And not every setting applies.
- Status – overall check based on whether the main three points (DNS, Google Analytics, and Analytics access) are valid
- Custom SSL Certificate installed – if you uploaded your own SSL certificate this will be True
- Domain registered – not currently used.
- Subdomain of – if the URL is a subdomain, including www
- GA Access granted – if MageMojo can see your analytics data
- Domain in CloudFront – domain has been pushed to list of domains to listen on for your CloudFront distribution
- Domain in Route 53 – domain is confirmed to be using Route 53 nameservers as provided by MageMojo (see the DNS section of your management panel)
- Let’s Encrypt certificate installed – a Let’s Encrypt Certificate has been generated and installed
- File Verification Valid – file verfication is confirmed for generating a Let’s Encrypt certificate
- GA Code on URL – A GA code was detected on this particular domain.
Not all fields will be True depending on the domain. In addition to the above example, a domain that is completely green might show up with these status fields: