Migration Support Policy
With your Webscale STRATUS purchases, free migrations are included for your current site to our hosting. We have a specific process for migrations intended to reduce downtime and errors after going live. We understand it may not fit your timeline, we will do our best to accomodate customer needs. Our response time SLA also does not apply to migration tickets.
A migration is defined as the transfer of a Magento install from one hosting service to ours. We will also move a WordPress site if it is associated with the Magento store i.e. Fishpig extensions and so on.
A site migration will follow these general stages:
- Initial details and access to your current host
- Transfer of a copy of the existing site to your Webscale STRATUS instance
- Initial setup and review by Webscale STRATUS
- Completion of initial copy, details sent to you for access to the copied site
- Review on your end
- Additional configuration and troubleshooting if problems are found – this is not uncommon
- Scheduling of the final migration if everything is reviewed and working
- Final migration – up to 1 hour of downtime
- Put old host into maintenance mode
- Re-sync database and updated media files
- Update DNS to point to Webscale STRATUS
- Generate Lets Encrypt certificates after DNS propagation if no SSL certificate moved with migration
- Site is live
What we support for migrations
- Completion of initial stage of migration within 72 hours.
- Magento 1 and 2 transfer
- WordPress transfer
- Magento 1 and 2 configuration optimization for Webscale STRATUS
- Guaranteed basic functionality
- Basic testing of common Magento components and features including
- Add to cart
- Admin login
- Home page, product pages, and category pages load
What we do not support for migration
We not support frameworks other than Magento, with exception to WordPress if a blog is associated with the store. We will also not rush a migration but will do our best to accomodate your timelines.
Webscale reserves the right to stop a migration at any time.