Magento On Demand Patching
On Demand patching only applies to Community Editions of Magento 1 and 2.
In the last year, several critical patches have been issued for Magento vulnerabilities. With MageMojo’s on demand patching service you can easily install patches to your magento installs with a higher success chance and fewer potential post installation issues.
To patch a site do the following:
- Log into your Customer Account on MageMojo.
- Go to the My Servers area from the left-hand menu.
- Select your server
- Scroll to the Magento Installs section.
- Click the Install Patches link for the install you wish to patch.
- You will be prompted with a dialog box giving you more information about the patching process, at the bottom click Patch This Install to queue the patching process.
In the case of major patches like 6788 which can break your site, we will always delay patch deployment until we have solutions in place to prevent downtime or we will not use it for auto-patching and inform customers on how to proceed via an email notification.