To install Magento 2 on your MageMojo server running Mojo Host Manager, follow these steps.
- Configure your vhost via Mojo Host Manager. Under the Advanced tab for your vhost, you should set the PHP version to 7.0 and the site type to Magento 2. Leave Varnish disabled for now.
- Transfer the latest archive of Magento 2 to your web root on your server from https://www.magentocommerce.com/download
- Extract the file (tar -zxvf for tar.gz , unzip for .zip files)
- Set up a database for your Magento 2 install and record the password, you will need this in the next step. See Creating a database and Creating a database user
- Visit your new vhost via the browser. You should see the Magento 2 install page. Follow the instructions and enter the database credentials when queried. The DB host should be localhost. If the vhost is set correctly, you will pass the readiness check without issue.
- Configure the admin URL and user passwords, then complete the installation.
- Your Magento 2 site is now live when the installation summary appears.