Each SSH user created can only be allowed access if their Internet Protocol (IP) address is whitelisted.
Add a Whitelist
To assign one or more allowed IPs to a SSH user:
- Go to SSH > Whitelist in the STRATUS sidebar menu.
- Click ADD WHITELIST.
- SSH User — Select the SSH User for which the IP will be assigned.
- IP Address, Subnet Or Valid Hosts. — Enter the IP address the user will be allowed to access the STRATUS instance from. A subnet range or multiple IP addresses may be included (comma-separated). To quickly determine your IP address (if you wish to allow the computer you are using), click Get My IP Address. Your IP address will be automatically entered.
- Service — currently, only SSH is allowed.
- Label — enter a name for the particular alllowance created, such as "Office" or "Home."
- Click CREATE to save the new entry.
A single user can be assigned to multiple allowed Whitelist entries. However, only one user can be assigned to any given Whitelist entry. With the use of multiple IPs in an entry, labels may be created by user name rather than by location (e.g. Bill, Hans, Maria).
Edit a Whitelist
To edit an existing whitelist, click on the entry in the list. Update the entry and click Update to save the changes.
Delete a Whitelist
To delete an existing whitelist, click on the entry in the list. Click Delete to delete the whitelist record.