In STRATUS, you may create two types of instances: Production and Development. These instances are not the same as the production and development "modes" in Magento 2. For more on Magento modes, see the Magento 2 documentation
Your STRATUS account allows for one Production instance for hosting your live store. Live stores may only be accessed on Production instances.
For autoscaling plans (as opposed to our Resource-Based plans), Google Analytics sessions billing must be set up in order to put a store into live mode.
Based on your plan, you are entitled to create on or more Development instances. These instances can be used for programming, staging, or testing purposes.
To create a new instance for an existing STRATUS account, contact MageMojo support. Please allow up to 24 hours for the instance to be created.
When using Development instances, keep in mind:
- Development instances cannot run Production mode stores.
- These instances are rate limited and cron services are disabled.
- There are no extra charges for using Development instances. However, all space used for Development instances is included in the total drive space used for your STRATUS Instance and may be limited by your STRATUS plan.
- Autoscaling will not function.
- GoogleBot is blocked from accessing Development instances.