Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Remote | Department: Support | Type: Full Time | Min. Experience: Mid Level
The Site Reliability Engineer will design, build and automate large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant infrastructure and systems. SREs are focused on giving teams the ability to run better production systems by creating creative engineering solutions to resolve deployment, monitoring, and operations problems across the enterprise. They live by the credo - “Automate all the things!” The Site Reliability Engineer will contribute as a team member with Product Owners, Tech Leads, Agile Coaches, and other team members to deliver on the SRE team’s vision.
- Assist in defining the architecture, design, development, and automation of core strategic technology projects and infrastructure
- Always think about Automation first and developing Infrastructure as Software
- Develop software and automation using standard Software Engineering practices
- Design, analyze, and engineer large-scale distributed systems
- Work with cross functional teams to create prototypes and/or Proof of Concepts as needed to ensure projects are viable and successful in a controlled environment.
- Use in-depth product and industry knowledge to provide technical and business expertise to the company
- Work with the management and various departments to ensure the appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities will be available when needed to meet evolving business needs
- Build business and technical relationships with strategic partners
- Train and/or mentor team members and peers as appropriate
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and best practices
- Define and ensure security policies in place are met, reviewed, and constantly evolving to meet industry needs
- Coordinate with various teams for deployment and production support activities
- Follow all defined IT standards and processes (i.e. IT Governance, SM&G, Architecture, etc.), and provides input for improvements to the appropriate process owners as needed
- Maintain a proper balance between business and operational risk
- Advise on short term plans for the team to effectively utilize resources
- Experience using current Software Engineering best practices
- Experience in container operations (Docker, OpenShift Enterprise, GKE, ECS), orchestration (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes), and databases(Postgres, MySql, no sql dbs, etc)
- Skilled with requirement gathering, validation, fulfillment and change management Infrastructure operations experience including self-healing autonomy
- 3+ years professional experience in software development or systems engineering at enterprise/web scale
- 5+ years professional experience with platforms and systems
- 2+ years professional experience in infrastructure as code development (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack) or infrastructure engineering
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts, immutability, and pipeline automation (AWS, Azure, GCP and private cloud)
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, or Ruby
- Strong communication across all mediums and organisational skills
- Basic ability to architect systems
- Experience with the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Proven experience in software development practices
- Experience coaching, mentoring, training individuals in a professional environment
- Ability to facilitate and influence
- Demonstrated Agile Project Management understanding
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects that required working with and influencing multiple teams
- Superb ability to multi-task, manage time, prioritize, pay attention to detail, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a greater team, including cross-team activities
- Experience with testing, debugging, and optimizing code
- Proven systematic problem-solving approach with the ability to think analytically
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Related discipline or equivalent experience
Our Engineering teams are distributed world-wide. Successful candidates can live/work anywhere.
MageMojo Magento hosting, a group of 40+ talented DevOps peeps who all work remotely. We
believe passionate, talented people all working together smoothly yields awesome work
that lets us build a solid infra and processes to
prevent fires instead of spending time always putting out fires.
We get along and we constantly improve only because we don't bullsh!t each other or our clients, we don't hide or say what we think others want to hear. We do this with respect and we value truth, transparency, and honesty above all else. Of course, there are times when we are in headphones-on, hyper-concentration mode. But we also draw a lot of support from each other and try to focus on the "human side" of support. We are curious students of the internet age who are interested in continuing to enhance our own work, sharing what we've learned, and learning from those around us.
Join our team and enjoy the following benefits:
- A collaborative team culture
- Flexible work environment
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
Ready to Apply
We’re always looking
Submit your resume and a few words about yourself,
your achievements, what you love most in life, and what you want out of your career. We're
not interested in standard issue cover letter babble and HR bubble wrap.
Talk to us like a human being who values directness and using your own words. If you need to use a four-letter word to effectively express a previous engagement or an appropriately inappropriate metaphor to describe your ideal work environment, we'll take that over what you would think we typically "need to hear" in a job application. This is a full-time position with benefits and we're open to starting you with a freelance gig if wading into the water is preferred on both sides. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your best geek pickup line in the subject.